- December 28, 2020
- Posted by: shadow-management-wpadmn
- Category: Resume Tips
If you Google ‘resume writing services’ in job-competitive cities such as Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, Canada or US-wide, I am sure you are immediately hit with so many companies advertising their resume services. It is overwhelming. Which one should you choose? It is easy to be swept away by the fancy website that uses clever marketing strategies to convince you to hire them. Credentials matter. Would you hire a typing service to prepare the most important marketing tool in your job search arsenal? Instead, consider a professional career strategist that helps you brand your skills effectively so that you have the best possible job search success in this digital age.
A certified professional resume writer is not the same as a good writer.
Beware of cheap services, ‘career-level packages’, quick turnarounds, and consultations with customer service reps or specialists. If it is too good to be true, it probably is. Many job seekers fall victim to online resume scams or low-quality work for discounted/low prices that are often outsourced overseas. Do you want your information copied and pasted into a template? Every writer is not the same, there is a distinction.
When you are a job seeker, a certified professional resume writing service can make all the difference in your job search success.
Look for the CPRW (certified professional resume writer) credential from an accredited institution, such as the Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches (PARW/CC). This is important because this means that not only does your resume writer have the career writing ‘gift’, but they also possess the necessary professional knowledge of current job market trends, training for keyword optimization, and the insights to help you achieve your job goals, quickly.
A certified professional resume writing service:
✔Passed testing to attain their credentials
✔Maintains membership to stay updated on the current hiring trends
✔Possesses in-depth career knowledge of current job market trends
✔Is trained for keyword optimization so your resume is digitally optimized
✔Will offer you a 1-on-1 career consultation with themselves and not an ‘assigned resume writer or customer service representative
✔Understands the difference between non-ATS and ATS (application tracking software) resume development
Not all services know what you need and how to brand you based on your unique skills and industry.
Tips on choosing the best resume service:
1. Do your research.
2. Avoid one-size fits all ‘career packages’ and ‘bundles’. You are unique, and so are your skills and experience. Your resume deserves a proper assessment by a certified professional resume writer before you commit and agree on a fee that would be customized to you based on your needs, scope of work, and the expertise required to bring you to competitive market standards.
3. Consider writer access. Are you being handed generic forms and questionnaires to help write your resume? You should be able to directly speak to your certified professional resume writer for a 1-on-1 consultation.
4. Look for the CPRW (certified professional resume writer) certificate logo and go one step further and verify their certification with the organization that certified them.
5. Verify membership status to ensure the company is in good standing by visiting the certifying organization online.
6. Visit the resume writer’s profile on LinkedIn and read real testimonials by former clients (don’t just trust the website!).
7. Ask your family and friends! Sometimes the best recommendations can come from your own personal network.
Shadow Management Consulting is among the best resume writers in Canada, best resume writing service in the GTA, ranked top 5 in healthcare resumes, and also ranked a top 10 resume writing service in Toronto. We avoid the bells and whistles and marketing gimmicks. We are just honest, certified, credentialed professionals who are dedicated to getting you the results you deserve.